McCormick Hall Room Reservations Policy
A dorm resident may invite people to McCormick for any event provided these criteria are met in full. Only the Judicial Committee may grant exceptions to these rules.
The following may be reserved:
- Brown or Green Living Rooms
- Kitchen in the Clouds
- Dance Studio
- Country Kitchen
- Seminar Rooms A or B
- Music Room
- Date Rooms A-D
- East Penthouse
- West Penthouse
- Room 217
- Game Room
- Private Dining Room
- Dining Hall
- Only one living room may be reserved at a time.
- Only 5 rooms may be reserved simultaneously, no more than 3 of which are occupied by permanent reservations.
- Reservations in the Dining Hall must be approved by MIT Dining and the house manager, in addition to the reservation confirmation process outlined on the McCormick website.
- The Dance Studio may be used from 10AM to 11PM daily. All events in other rooms may begin as early as 7:30AM and must end by 1AM.
- The Dance Studio can only be reserved for 5 hours/week/group.
- An event may not expand beyond the space reserved for the event.
- An event may not be disruptive to McCormick residents outside of the reserved space.
- A reservation may be made for up to 4 hours, including time for both set-up and cleanup.
- A reservation must comply with the guest list policies outlined below and those on the McCormick website.
- Provide an alternate contact for groups over 20 people
- Guest lists must be typed, alphabetized, and numbered (Paper guest lists are NOT ACCEPTED)
- Reservation should be made AT LEAST 72 hours in advance of the start of the event.
- The Sponsor of an event must attend the event she is sponsoring. If the Sponsor of the reservation is unable to attend the event for any reason, she must designate another McCormick resident to serve as her proxy for the reservation.
- All reservations must comply with Institute Regulations, including the MIT alcohol policy.
- Any room that is reserved must be returned to its original state by the end of the reservation.
- Reservations are on a first-come, first-served basis provided that the Room Reservation Policies are followed.
- ******EXCEPTION TO THE RULE: Events sponsored by McCormick House Government or the House Team (consisting of the housemasters, RLAD, and GRTs) have priority over all other events and are granted exceptions by the Room Reservation Chair to locations and times that may be reserved. This means that a non-house government event may be moved to another room. You will be informed as soon as possible, if this does happen. Most times the house team is willing to compromise :)
** As MIT Covid Policies are updated, please keep in mind that our policies are subject to change as well.
Fill out this form to reserve a room according to the aforementioned rules and MIT policies.
Room Reservation Form.
The room reservations calendar can be found here